How To Make Khubani
About Khubani Recipe: A perfect sweet treat for the festive season, indulge in the goodness of apricots, figs and prunes with this traditional khubani recipe.
Ingredients Of Khubani
- 300 gms khoya, grated
- 200 gms apricot (dry seedless, soaked and chopped), blanched
- 200 gms prunes (dry seedless, soaked and chopped), blanched
- 200 gms fig dry
- 50 gms almond powder
- 30 gms jaggery
- 20 gms pistachio (fine slices)
- 10 gms chironji
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 25 gms ghee
How to Make Khubani
- 1.Soak apricot for 1 hour and boil till soft than fine chop.
- 2.Soak dry [runes for 1 hour then boil and fine chop.
- 3.Soak dry fig for 1-hour strain and make a fine puree.
- 4.Fine slice the peeled pistachios. Blanch and remove skin of almonds and make a fine powder.
To Make Khubani
- Now heat ghee in a pan. Add puree of fig in it and cook till gets thickened.
- Then add chopped apricot and chopped prunes cook for another 15 minutes.
- Now add grated jaggery keep stirring for 2/3 minutes then add almond powder.
- Then add grated khoya and cook on slow fire for another 4/5 minutes. Keep stirring in between and add green cardamom powder.
- Check the consistency if its thick enough to set a barfi.
- Dry roast chironji. Spread this mixture on a square tray and spread well.
- Sprinkle fine sliced pistachio and chironji evenly.
- Leave at room temperature till cool. Cut into desired size.
Key Ingredients: khoya, apricot (dry seedless, soaked and chopped), prunes (dry seedless, soaked and chopped), fig dry, almond powder, jaggery, pistachio (fine slices), chironji, green cardamom powder, ghee